Four Key Urology Applications with One Platform:
Ease of use
Innovative design and GUI
An intuitive GUI with a touch screen allows for the tracking of accumulated energy during the procedure and double settings are controlled by the systems' dual pedals.
Customizable dual pedals
Allows for easy switching between laser settings during procedure. This feature might be applied for having one pedal dedicated for hemostasis in order to address bleeding faster and more efficiently.
Lumenis Pulse 120 - Customizable dual pedals
with Lumenis® Range of Delivery Devices
- SlimLine™ family of fibers: Is designed for durability, flexibility and versatility in urological procedures
- SlimLine™ 200 D/F/L ultra-flexible fiber: Is designed for flexible ureteroscopy procedures
- Xpeeda™ D/S/L side firing fiber: A tailored solution delivers more energy directly to the tissue in full contact
Designed for hemostasis
Pulse reshaping technology, powered by a dedicated footswitch
Revised pulse shape minimizes hemostasis time*
|Pulse shape||Energy / Pulse [J]||Treatment mode||Average hemostasis time [sec]|
*Bench study results may not be indicative of clinical performance
120W of Vaporisation power:
Lumenis' highest powered holmium laser
Xpeeda™ D/S/L side firing fiber:
A tailored solution delivers more energy directly to the tissue in full contact
"For Vaporisation of the prostate, the Lumenis Pulse™ 120H stands apart from other available technologies. Tissue is easy to remove and, as we have experienced, patients can have their catheter removed almost immediately and go home the same day."
Mr. Christof Kastner, Consultant Urologist, Cambridge University NHS Trust, UK.
Comprehensive HoLEP Offering
- Accelerated Enucleation Rate1
- Over 15 years of clinical evidence have made HoLEP the right choice for Urologists and patients worldwide
- HoLEP is recommended by the AUA for BPH2. Among its advantages are a low reoperation rate, and wide patient applicability 2,3. Compared with alternative treatment options for BPH, HoLEP has a major advantage in efficacy and safety3-7
"The Lumenis Pulse™ 120H will make HoLEP procedures precise, faster and efficient. When using the product, I found that no matter how fast I went with the enucleation, the hemostasis was excellent, the view was very good and it allowed me to significantly reduce procedure time."
Mr. Tev Aho, Consultant Urologist, Cambridge University NHS Trust, U.K.
Ultra Speed Stone-Dusting™ for Flexible Laser
- Ultra-speed dusting capabilities with 80Hz repetition rate and minimal energies of 0.2J
- Clinical evidence suggests that stone dusting may reduce the need for basket extraction thereby reduce possible complications associated with the routine use of ureteral access sheaths8
- SlimLine™ 200 D/F/L fiber introduces flexibility, durability and efficiency
PCNL Made Complete
- Suction handpiece allows simultaneous lithotripsy and aspiration of stone fragments
- Enabling physicians to perform laser lIthotripsy during both PCNL and flexible ureteroscopic lithotripsy using one system
- Effective lithotripsy utilizing broad range of energies (even up to 6J)
Offers a wide range of treatment options, including:
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Kidney stones
- Bladder stones
- Ureteral stones
- Bladder tumors
- Biliary stones
- Gastroenterology procedures
- Orthopedic procedures
- ENT procedures
- Thoracic & Pulmonary procedures
- Gynecology procedures
- Lumenis Pulse 120H - All in One Superior Laser Urology Platform, Safe. Intuitive. Powerful. Cost Effective.
Reframing the Laws of Physics
Understanding the challenges of laser lithotripsy
While Holmium lithotripsy is well established as the preferred treatment for urinary stones2, some challenges still persist:
Reduced energy transmission
Holmium’s high level of absorption in water results in limited delivery of laser energy.
Unfriendly and costly fiber experience
Burdensome and time consuming process of fiber insertion through a flexible scope is needed to avoid scope damage.
Retropulsion and stone migration
The retropulsion effect created by the Holmium pulse reduces physician's control and may cause the stone to rotate or slip to difficult locations.
Stones are often located in hard-to-access areas within the kidney, making it difficult to reach and treat them.
Mark Cynk, Holmium Laser Enucleation of the Prostate is More Efficient with More Laser Power, abstract #MP7-01, Moderated Poster Session 7: BPH/LUTS, WCE 2016
American Urological Association Guideline: Management of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), 2010
John Michalak, David Tzou, Joel Funk: HoLEP: the gold standard for the surgical management of BPH in the 21st Century Am J Clin Exp Urol 2015;3(1):36-42
Ehab A. Elzayat, Enmar I. Habib, and Mostafa M. Elhilali: Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate: a size-independent new "gold standard" urology 66 (Supplement 5A), November 2005
Gilling PJ et al, Long-term results of a randomized trial comparing holmium laser enucleation of the prostate and transurethral resection of the prostate: results at 7 years. BJU Int 2012; 109(3): 408-11.
Elmansy H et al, Holmium Laser Enucleation Versus Photoselective Vaporisation for Prostatic Adenoma Greater than 60 Ml: Preliminary Results of a Prospective, Randomized Clinical Trial. J Urol 2012; 188: 216-221.
Ahyai S et al, Holmium Laser Enucleation versus Transurethral Resection of the Prostate: 3-Year Follow-Up Results of a Randomized Clinical Trial. Eur Urol 2007; 52(5):1456-63.
Galina Gagin, Duncan Morhardt, John Hollingsworth and Khurshid Ghani, Stone dusting: Outcomes of ureteroscopic lithotripsy using a multi-cavity high-power holmium laser. Abstract# 16-4424 AUA conference 2016